December 3, 2009

Honestly Alison



My friend, Sarah Denley, gave me a blog award, "Honest Scrap." I love the idea! She and I went to high school together, and I've known her husband and his family all my life it seems like. They are such a fun, young couple, with a super-cute little girl! I am so impressed by her honesty in parenting and love reading her blog.

Rules for the award:

1. Must thank the person who gave you the award and list their blog and link it.

2. Share "10 Honest things" about yourself.

3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.

4. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.

My 10 Honest Things:

  1. I have never ever been more honest with anyone than my husband, Andrew. I married my best friend in the whole wide world. We made a pact from the very beginning of our relationship that we would always be honest, no matter how hard it would sometimes be. We were totally cliché and fell in love at first sight. We met in February of 2008, officially started dating in March 2008, got engaged in December 2008, and married August 2009. Whew!
  2. I am obsessed with our dog, Izzy. I'm pretty sure it's unhealthy. She's a solid black rat terrier, so she's unique in her own! She's such a snuggler and sleeps right between us at night. Andrew bought her for my Valentine's present last year, and she just had her birthday – Dec. 1! She's also the ONLY grandchild on both sides of the family, so it's safe to say they spoil her, too.
  3. I have a love-hate relationship with dental school. I honestly have never been more frustrated or challenged in my life, but I love working with patients and being in the clinic. I am trying to absorb and learn as much as I can, check off all these requirements, and treat my patients' overall health. I have a wide range of patients: young, old, poor, rich, sane, crazy… but it's safe to say I never have a boring day.
  4. I love my (potential) job and "almost" being a dentist. I really love the field of dentistry and am excited to see how it takes me through life. I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to work with my husband (also a dentist) and to be able to raise a family. I am so fortunate that I will have the opportunity to work because I want to and not because I have to. Once we start a family, I'd ideally like to work a 9-2 day or something like that so I could take the kids to school and pick them up. I'm greedy and want the best of both worlds – a working momma and a stay-at-home momma!
  5. I can't wait to see what our kids will look like! Haha! They'll be ½ Egyptian, 1/8 French, and 1/32 Irish. What a combo!! I love our families' rich heritages. My grandmother and grandfather met on Christmas Eve during WW2 when he was in the US Air Force stationed in southern France, where my grandmother is from. Andrew was born in Egypt, and he and his parents moved to the US when he was a baby. I want our house to be surrounded by different languages – my Grandmother and I can speak French, Andrew can speak Arabic (and a little Spanish), and my father-in-law can speak Arabic and Russian (and I'm pretty sure some other ones, too!).
  6. I am a HUGE procrastinator. Now, I know this may come as a shock to many of you, but I really am. As in right now, I supposed to be in the library studying since my patients' cancelled for this afternoon, but instead I'm blogging. Typical. It has been very hard to study at home since we've been married.
  7. I have no idea what size I am – in anything! Shoes, pants, dresses, tops, t-shirt, bras – you name it, no idea. I can give you a "range" but no definite size. I know some people find it frustrating when trying to shop for me, but hey, so do I! I absolutely love shoes, but hate shoe shopping because I can never find shoes small enough (i.e. ranging from 5.0-6.5).
  8. I wish I could do college all over again, I loved it so much!! But this (hypothetical) time around, I would have more fun and not worry as much. Andrew and I both went to Ole Miss (2 years apart), but we never met until dental school, even though we have several mutual friends. I always wonder how many times we walked past each other in the Circle going to and from class, never knowing that was the man I would marry. Part of me wishes we did know each other in college and could have gone to games together, date parties, swaps, and so on. But the Lord had it all planned out, and He knew we probably weren't ready to meet each other at that time. I'm thankful we don't have a complicated history, no break-ups, no drama. Still would've been fun though :-)
  9. Ok so this is more of a confession, but I haven't written any thank-you notes since our wedding. I am such an awful person!! It really has nothing to do with #6, but more with #3. I have no free time, and now the task is so completely overwhelming! I feel guilty for not writing them yet. It is definitely my "Christmas project." Along with officially moving all of my crap out of my parents' house.
  10. I really need to work-out. I'm really not concerned with my weight (even though my favorite pair of jeans don't zip right now), but I really feel like I need to get that "healthy energy" back and my endurance. Somehow I've convinced myself that walking to and from the stadium parking lot to school every day is a "workout." Not true, except for when I'm running really late and have to book it. But at least I don't take the shuttle, right? The problem is I just can't wake up any earlier than I already do. In fact, the alarm time has been creeping back later and later every day. When I get home, I'm completely exhausted and it's DARK outside. A lot of times my solution is to just put on my workout clothes, and quite often, just the act of putting on workout clothes makes me feel better, like I've accomplished something even though all I did was change my clothes (and not workout). Andrew's friend Frazier always called me out on this… "Did you work out? Or just pretend?"

I am passing the award on to:
Amber
Elizabeth
Jocelyn
Marci
Mary Margaret
Jillian

I don't know if they'll all do it, but sure will be fun to see the results!

No comments: