1. Learn to love lipstick. I've never been one to wear lipstick. I've always loved the idea of it, but with my
2. Cook more. Cook better. Andrew and I eat at home a lot, but we don't cook nearly as much as we'd both like to and actually enjoy doing. Eating at home is different than cooking at home. We've done really well with eating at home to keep with in our budget. I even make both of our lunches each day :-) BUT we are going to try to have less frozen, more fresh food. More vegies and more fruit. Summer is sooo nice because Dr. Ross grows
3. Study the New Testament. Andrew and I are going to study the New Testament together this year. Start to finish. We've both read it several times, but we want to read it together now :-) and really study it and take our time in it. I feel like so many times I've rushed through quiet times just to check 'em off the list. We both felt like this was a very do-able goal without being on a time-table or checklist, because that's not what it's about anyway. We've also had a good start to this goal, too - we started over breakfast and coffee this morning.
[Side Note:] I'm in a girls Bible study at Dental school with 2 precious teachers that lead it. One of them gave us this book for a little Christmas happy. I'm in love with it! It was on sale at Lifeway for $5...and if it is - go get it! It is written like Jesus is talking to you. Just a short and sweet note from Him everyday - and of course it's always JUST what you needed to hear that day.
4. Exercise More. Shouldn't be hard considering I do nothing now. Anything will be an improvement. Seriously. I just need to go on a walk. or something. In past resolutions, I've said I'm going to run a half marathon. And I'd still love to do that, but let's be realistic. Let me be clear that I am not exercising to lose weight - I just want that energy and I really want to tone/firm up - I just want to be healthy. I feel so much better all around when I workout. Plus I also want Izzy to get good on her leash - she still freaks out a little at first. Here are the problems with this resolution: it's too cold and it's too dark to go outside, but we have zero room inside for a piece of workout equipment or for a video workout. YET, despite these problems, I have started a little "strength" routine. I put two little 2lb-weights on my nightstand and I've been doing a few rounds of arm exercises before I go to bed. You gotta start somewhere, right?
5. Take out my contacts every day. Wear my glasses more often. I've always struggled with this. Silly, I know, but I really am going to do this! I've been blind all my life and I hate waking up and not being able to see. Since Lasik surgery is not a legit option due to budget constraints (this is my dream one day!), I must do better about this. Again, so far, so good. I've been successful since Dec. 30!
I'm sure I have more that I've already forgotten. It's like my perpetual to-do list.