May 26, 2010

Where I'm headed

I leave Friday for my next trip to Peru.  I am really excited!  Except I haven't started packing...ew.  It's on the to-do list for today and tomorrow - it has to be! 

This time around we're flying into Lima on Friday, then taking a domestic flight to Trujillo on Saturday.   Sunday we'll go to church and get settled in.  Monday - Thursday we'll leave each day from Trujillo and go to an outlying town to do exams, extractions, etc.  Friday I think we're going to the beach, maybe?  We're on the Pacific Ocean, which I think is pretty cool.  And then I think we fly back to Lima later on Friday and then board our plane at 11:30 that night to head back to the states :) to arrive back Saturday.

Here's a picture of Pomabamba where I was last time, up in the mountains:

Here's Trujillo, where we'll be this time, on the Pacific Ocean:

This one kinda shows the relationship of all three cities:
Peru runs right under the equator, so technically it's winter there.  It's bordered by Ecuador up top and Chile down below.  I think it's supposed to be really nice weather while we're there - something like 60s-70s in the day and 50s at night. 

I'm sad my awesome dentist husband won't be able to make this trip - he has to work :-( so he'll be home with Izzy.  I just keep telling myself we have a lifetime to do trips like this!  We have been on one mission trip together - to Piedras Negras, Mexico.  It was in 2008 right before I went to Peru the first time.  I love the country of Peru, and I can't wait for him to see it one day, too!

Here's a few pictures of us from our Mexico mission trip:

I can't wait to post about the trip!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my goodness have so much fun love!! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!

Lindsey @ Magnolias and Gobbers said...

I'm a little late on this, but I love your new template!

Hope you had a blast in Peru and I can't wait to see the post & all the pictures.