July 14, 2010

Brace yourselves...

I got braces today!  Yes, I'm relieving elementary school and junior high days.

One of my classmates put braces on my top teeth this morning, so I'm excited to see how they will look when my ortho treatment is finished.
I'm already starting to feel it working...

Here is a "before" picture:

and here is an "after" picture:


I was a little (and let's be honest, still am a little) self-conscious at first but I talked myself into it a little more, reminding myself I AM in dental school, remember.  And if my 70 year old patient can rock the braces, so can I.

And then I remembered all my friends' weddings coming up...

Go ahead...I know what you're thinking, "metal-mouth," right?!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Alison, what a good idea! You'll be glad you did this :)