July 5, 2010

Sun & Sand

My mom and dad took us all to Orange Beach the weekend before last, and even though the oil had beat us there, it was still a LOT of fun!  The sand on the majority of the beach was still pristine white.  Right up next to the water, it was brown from the oil, but from our chairs, it still looked pretty :)

I guess my feelings go both ways - I still think it is very worthwhile to head down there and go to the beach and support all of those people down there and still enjoy yourself and enjoy the beach, but it is also very sad to see the oil and although I know there are a lot of people working hard and around the clock, a lot of it seems inefficient.

Some of the skimmer boats with boom:

Work crews on the beach nearby but not in the way of still enjoying the beach:

Still enjoying the break from everything!

Two of a kind...

It was Andrew's first time to Orange Beach so it was fun showing him around, too!  We used to go to Gulf Shores every year, so it was fun to be back in the area.

This past weekend we, celebrated Peter's 30th birthday and 4th of July in Oxford, so I'll post on it soon...

1 comment:

Lindsey @ Magnolias and Gobbers said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! I'm impressed with your posts coming more frequently!