October 19, 2010

Weekend Fun

This past weekend was awesome, relaxing, and MUCH needed.  Last week I was doing a rotation for school at a community health clinic in Canton.  I enjoyed being away from the school for a week and got a good bit of studying in, too, which was also much-needed.  We went to Oxford on Friday and had a get-together with our Sunday School class at Nagoya.  The food was delicious and it was fun hanging out with some of our Oxford friends. 

Saturday we ran errands and stuff all day and ate dinner with Darcy and Mrs. Ross at Papitos (Dr. Ross is in Kazakhstan again).  Then we went out to our friends' cabin to hang out and watch the Ole Miss-Alabama game, which of course didn't end so well, but we had fun seeing everyone! 

Sunday we headed to Memphis and enjoyed brunch at Majestic Grill.  By pure chance, I ran into my best friend Anna and her fiance Blake there!  I hardly ever get to see Anna and Blake so it made my day to run into them.  After the.most.amazing.brunch.ever. we walked over to the Orpheum Theater to see WICKED!!  It was such a good show!!  I was a little worried that it wouldn't live up to all the hype I've heard about it over the years - but it was better that I even expected.  

After the show, we went over to my sister's to see her NEW house in Midtown.  It is SO cute!!  She always decorates things so well, so of course it looked like such a fun place to live.  We ate dinner at Soul Fish and it, too, was delicious! 

I take my board exam on Nov. 8 and 9, which is only 19 days and 16 hours away, but who's counting?!?! Please pray that I pass it and only have to go through this misery this one time.  

Sorry for a boring post, but I thought I should throw it a little something besides the show-us-your-life posts on Fridays :-)  Our life is complete chaos right now, but we remind ourselves that this is only a "season" and things should settle back down soon (I hope!).

No comments: