December 12, 2010

Little Lydia

I hope everyone has had a great weekend!  It has been an eventful one for us, but I am thankful we fit everything in.

Our friends, the McCormicks, had their baby on Friday.  The baby wasn't due until January 19th, so we were all surprised 6 weeks early!  The momma developed early signs of toxemia, so the doc decided to take the baby early.  We didn't know the gender of the baby, so it was fun to find out - it's a GIRL!!  Her name is Lydia, and she weighs 3lbs, 11oz.  I got the privilege to scrub in and visit her, and she may be teeny tiny but she is perfect!!  Please keep momma and baby in your prayers...they both need 'em!  We hope they are both well enough for their new little family to be together and at home for Christmas. 

I also had a wedding shower and an engagement party to attend this weekend, and both were really fun!  I loved catching up with friends from high school and from college that I haven't seen in what seems like forever. 

I forgot to post about this last weekend, but I did the "Jingle Bell Jog" last weekend.  It's a 5k walk/run to support the Blair E. Batson Children's Hospital (we are big supporters!) and there was a great turnout!  It was fun to see fellow racers in their festive outfits, too.

After the race, I made my way over to the Mississippi Children's Museum for their Grand Opening.  It went off without a hitch and was really fun, too. 

If you have children or nieces/nephews...you NEED to take them.  YOU will have so much fun, too.  I need to find some children to take :-) It is seriously so much fun for kids of any age.  You can read more about it here.

Hope y'all are having a fun weekend!!

No comments: