January 24, 2011

Catching Up

Wow...where did January go?  Sorry I've been gone so long, but I've got a lot of catching-up to do!!

First off with some fun big news...

No, I'm not pregnant and not trying.  BUT my sister-in-law IS pregnant :-)))) and we just found out last week that its a BOY!!!!  I am beyond excited and can't wait to be Aunt Alison!  I believe Uncle Andrew already has baseball practices planned and Daddy Peter notified us that Ole Miss already has a quarterback committed for the 2029 season...so get ready! 

In other news, Andrew and I were ON the news: the Memphis news, THE Weather Channel, and the Jackson news.  Thanks to the big snowstorm that came through 2 weeks ago, we got a few moments of fame.  Neither one of us was prepared at all to talk so we kind of fumbled our way through it and have no idea what we said or why, but it was fun!  and so was all of that snow!!  Oxford got NINE inches of snow. and boy did it stay put. for days.

I was snowed-in in Oxford when I was supposed to be back for my first week of school.  Not the worst place to be snowed-in, but also not the best way to start back the new year at school :-( 

So back to why I was in Oxford in the first place...lots of reasons.  I was there for 3 weeks straight, actually.  We went up the day after Christmas to do our "Ross Christmas" with Andrew's family.  Then we spent the rest of the time putting the finishing touches on Andrew's new dental clinic!  Ross Family Dental Clinic opened on January 3rd!! 

It has been a whirlwind experience - challenging, stressful, rewarding, fun, overwhelming, exciting...you get the idea.  Starting our own business has been a great experience for us and we've grown so much in our marriage the last few months especially.  I cannot even express how proud I am of Andrew and what a HARD, hard worker he is.  He has wanted to do this for as long as I have known him, and he has worked soooo hard on a road with lots of ups and downs to be able to make this dream a reality.  We still have a long way to go, but we have started

Now you're probably trying to figure a few things out.  Where do we live?  Good question.  We are still nomads but not for too much longer.  Right now, I live with my parents in Jackson during the week, and Andrew lives with his parents in Oxford during the week.  Most weekends, I drive to Oxford, but with so many weekend events happening in Jackson, Andrew comes down to Jackson a lot, too. 

We are buying a new house in FOUR weeks!!!  I am so excited!!  It's actually my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's house.  They are building a new [amazing] house, so we are doing a little switch-a-roo and buying their current house.  It is a dream house to me and definitely a house we can grow into instead of out of.  I love this house and can't wait to show you more when the time comes.

Now do you understand why I haven't had a chance to type all of this out and blog lately?!

We call it "organized chaos" and remind ourselves that this is only a "season" and hope we'll soon be under one roof and settled soon :-) 

1 comment:

Lindsey @ Magnolias and Gobbers said...

agghhh!!! so much exciting news!! I saw the blurb on the Memphis news, y'all did great!

Can't wait to pay y'all a visit in the new house!

So happy for y'all!