October 23, 2009

We're no longer together.

...For Halloween, that is. We've been racking our brains for Halloween costume ideas. I think I've only purchased a costume maybe once or twice in my life. I'm all about homemade. [Thanks, mom!] However this year presented a few problems for making homemade costumes: (a) no time and (b) no creativity.

So, Andrew and I met at Party City yesterday on the way home from work/school. There is literally a wall of costumes...way too many. Of course, the first ten or so we picked out were out of stock. What a quandry! We finally decided it was okay if we didn't have a "couple" costume - hence, why we're not "together" this year for Halloween.

You'll have to wait for the final results on our costume picks... I'll give you a hint, though. They are both classic characters, involve red, white, and blue, and mine involves Izzy, too! I guess that's technically three hints, so consider it your lucky day.

We're headed to Oxford this weekend for the Ole Miss-Arkansas game! We are both looking forward to seeing lots of friends and family. We'll be missing Dr. Ross, though, considering he's all the way in Kazakhstan. I'm am so impressed with my father-in-law. He's teaching a 40 hour course in 10 days over there!! You may be thinking, (a) is this a real place? or (b) where in the world is that? so here's a little I found out about it.
  • 9th largest country in the world
  • largest "land-locked" country in the world
  • borders Russia and China (and some other places I've never heard of before, namely, some more "stan" countries)
  • very diverse terrain: flatlands, steppes, taigas, rock-canyons, hills, deltas, snow-capped mountains, and deserts. (yes, I'll agree, pretty diverse....and I'll bet you haven't heard of a steppe or a taiga since elementary school!)

No comments: