February 1, 2010

L.Y.L.A.S.

Love Ya Like A Sister!  Yeah, I'm bringing it back.  For a special occasion, though....

I have 2 more very special birthdays to celebrate!!

First, a shout-out to my amazing sister-in-law, Darcy.  Even though I'm a little behind posting this, I still wanted to write about how awesome she is.  She celebrated her birthday on January 25 :-)  I never imagined I would have such a great SIL.  She is such a smart, strong, classy lady and has accepted me and befriended me since day one, which is priceless to me.  I have always been able to talk to her and relate to her, and she is always there to listen and give her advice and opinion.  She has the perfect southern recipes and knows all the answers to my etiquette and entertaining questions.  She has a great sense of style for fashion and decorating.  She was my matron of honor and that was really special to me, to have my two "sisters" standing up there with me on my wedding day.  I feel like the lucky one, and I definitely look up to her.  I don't think she reads my blog, but I sure hope she knows how much I love her and appreciate her :-)

My little sister Kelly's birthday is TODAY - February 1st!!  When Kelly was born, I ONLY referred to her as "MY baby Kelly."  My parents swore up and down that I'd call her that until the day I'd die.  Don't know when the title faded, but she'll always be my baby Kelly.  We are night and day but I couldn't love her more.  We've had a history of a love-hate relationship through the years, but I've always really loved her.  I'd be lying if I didn't say we are still learning so much about each other and how to love each other more and accept our differences, but that's part of why I love our relationship - we are NOT perfect, but we ARE sisters.  Kelly is SO creative - I always try to steal her ideas.  I pray for her and her future husband every single day.  I know everyone probably think if you have a sister, she's a shoe-in for the maid of honor roll in your wedding, but I honestly chose Kelly to be mine.  I love her sooooo much and hope she never ever forgets that. 

No comments: